database transfer woes

chillie

Hello, I am new to Dadabik, I must say I am very happy with it's performance so far. We have an e-commerce site that uses dadabik to control the store as well as the html content pages, I'm not sure what version or how even to check.
We are in the process of moving the store to a new server, with a new URl. The hosting company transferred all of the files, and the mysql database but changed the database names and login information - all the data is still there, but I cannot run the administrator to get at it. I have changed the database and login names in the config.php file as in the faq, but am still not able to log in to the admin.php, it will not accept the old username and password. I did not set this up before and must admit I am a bit lost... any help would be greatly appreciated.
sincerely -Aaron Lishman

alpha2zee

If you mean that DaDaBik cannot connect to MySQL

It may have something to do with authentication between the MySQL server and client (PHP in this case). Newer MySQL servers have a different authentication scheme that rejects username/passwords passed by 'old' MySQL clients - in your case, the PHP.

Solutions include upgrading PHP, or making MySQL server accept the old scheme -- see this

If you mean that your DaDaBik administrator user account does not work

(that is, you are sent to login page but DaDaBik rejects the values)

All I can think of is that something may be wrong with the users table (as defined in config.php; default is users_tab). Check that the table is there in the database and that it has a record (row) for the username/password you are using.

Post Edited (11-04-05 00:20)