Custom default value functions with params_ar

Martin

Currently, a lot of custom functions (like calculated fields) get the params_ar as an input to get the values of the current form.
This is not the case for the Custom default value function.

It would be great to have this possibility also there. So instead of a calculated field, I could use a default value to make it possible for the use to change the suggestion if needed.

Thanks for consideration
Martin

Upvote 0

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Martin,
the problem I see is that, when the user changes one of values in the form, the suggestion should change and this would replace what the user typed.

Best,

Martin

Hi,
right, that might be a problem in general.

In my application I have some forms where I set some general fields in the beginning of the form, where it would be nice if the delfault values of other fields would reflect these ‘settings’.
So if a user changed one of these setting it would be totally fine if also already changed default values would be calculated again.

But I can see that this might not always be the case. Maybe an additional parameter like ‘use_params=true/false’ for default functions could solve this.

BR
Martin

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
e forms where I set some general fields in the beginning of the form, where it would be nice if the delfault values of other fields would reflect these ‘settings’.
So if a user changed one of these setting it would be totally fine if also already changed default values would be calculated again.
But this would make this feature almost like a calculated field because regardless of what you set for that field, if you change the original inputs the field's value is calculated again.

Best,

Martin

But this would make this feature almost like a calculated field because regardless of what you set for that field, if you change the original inputs the field's value is calculated again.

Best,
Yes, kind of. But the user would have the possibility to change the value if needed.
So it would be more a suggestion.

If it would be possible to set somewhere that a calculated field can be overwritten by the user, that would solve my issue as well