Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'label_grid_field' in 'field list'

MichaBl

Hi there.
We upgraded from version 6.3 to version 11.4 yesterday an everything seemed to work.
Today I started the forms configurator and received the error:
"unexpected error set session variable 2" =>
[08] Error: during query execution. Set $debug_mode to 1 in your config.php to get further error information

With enabled debuging I received:
The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'label_grid_field' in 'field list'
It seems to me that some kind of mysql update did not work.
Are there any script which I could run against the database so that the missing columns are added?

Best wishes
Micha

MichaBl

Hi, I found a sql staement, which I used:
ALTER TABLE dadabik_forms_preview ADD label_grid_field VARCHAR(500) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';
Think, this fixed the issue.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Micha,
yes you are right, there is a small bug in the up/up2 procedure, it happens when your starting version is < 10.0-Manarola, it will be fixed in V 11.5

What you did fixes that bug and you should now be perfectly aligned; if you face similar issues with the upgrade procedure, however, the best option is to downgrade to the original version using a backup and ask for support, most of the times the manual execution of ALTER queries makes things worst because it's more difficult to understand the origin of the problem.

Best,

Hello,

I just upgraded from 11.3 to 11.7 and the same error above happened. I ran the query above but the error was appearing yet. Then I ran the same query for ANOTHER table as below:

ALTER TABLE dadabik_forms ADD label_grid_field VARCHAR(500) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

Now it is working, or at least I can login and use the application. I don´t know if I will find more errors later.

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Celson,
as I mentioned in the previous message, I strongly advise against the execution of queries when you see an error during the upgrade process. You should take note of the error, revert the application back to the original state using a backup and ask for support.
Could you provide all the needed info? DaDaBIK edition, OS, ..

Hello Celson,
as I mentioned in the previous message, I strongly advise against the execution of queries when you see an error during the upgrade process. You should take note of the error, revert the application back to the original state using a backup and ask for support.

Your current DaDaBIK version​

You are using DaDaBIK version 11.7-Elba enterprise, installed on 11/10/2022 (installation code: 16736604290a81d173), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.7-Elba released on 18/08/2022

You are running the latest release of DaDaBIK

In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enterprise to Platinum) please contact us.

System info​

PHP Version: 7.4.32

mysql version: 5.7.23-23

Web server: Apache

Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36 Edg/103.0.1264.71

Hello Celson,
Sorry. Next time I'll do this way: restore backup and ask for support.
Just a suggestion: How about to talk about this in the manual, on section "installation/Upgrade"?

Ah, I have the backup and I can revert to it if you consider this is needed.

Last edited:

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
you are right I should point this out more clearly in the documentation. There is also an "how to upgrade DaDaBIK - the proper way" video tutorial in the TODO list.

Yes I think it should be better for you to revert the system and try the upgrade again.
What I would do is:
- use your backup to create a (different) dadabik TEST installation
- try to upgrade this TEST installation, you should get the error again
- write back here posting all the details you see

The label_grid_field field is available since version 11.2 so you should have it already in your dadabik_forms table if you started from V 11.3. Double check that your starting installation was 11.3 and maybe post here the content of the dadabik_installation_tab (only the column dadabik_version and other_info) after having installed the test app.

Best,

Hello,
you are right I should point this out more clearly in the documentation. There is also an "how to upgrade DaDaBIK - the proper way" video tutorial in the TODO list.

Yes I think it should be better for you to revert the system and try the upgrade again.
What I would do is:
- use your backup to create a (different) dadabik TEST installation
- try to upgrade this TEST installation, you should get the error again
- write back here posting all the details you see

The label_grid_field field is available since version 11.2 so you should have it already in your dadabik_forms table if you started from V 11.3. Double check that your starting installation was 11.3 and maybe post here the content of the dadabik_installation_tab (only the column dadabik_version and other_info) after having installed the test app.

Best,
I'll do it according your instructions above. Thank you!

I just upgraded and the error is below:

[08] Error: during query execution. SELECT `name_field`, `present_insert_form_field`, `present_edit_form_field`, `present_filter_form_field`, `present_ext_update_form_field`, `present_search_form_field`, `required_field`, `present_results_search_field`, `present_csv_field`, `present_details_form_field`, `check_duplicated_insert_field`, `type_field`, `calculated_function_field`, `custom_validation_function_field`, `custom_formatting_function_field`, `custom_csv_formatting_function_field`, `custom_required_function_field`, `js_event_functions_field`, `other_choices_field`, `show_lookup_link_field`, `chosen_field`, `chosen_ajax_field`, `content_field`, `label_field`, `label_grid_field`, `select_options_field`, `separator_field`, `primary_key_field_field`, `primary_key_table_field`, `primary_key_db_field`, `linked_fields_field`, `where_clause_field`, `linked_fields_order_by_field`, `linked_fields_order_type_field`, `items_table_names_field`, `items_table_fk_field_names_field`, `select_type_field`, `prefix_field`, `default_value_field`, `width_field`, `height_field`, `maxlength_field`, `hint_insert_field`, `tooltip_field`, `order_form_field`, `details_separator_before_field`, `insert_separator_before_field`, `search_separator_before_field`, `edit_separator_before_field`, `search_new_line_after_field`, `insert_new_line_after_field`, `edit_new_line_after_field`, `details_new_line_after_field`, `details_new_line_after_field`, `table_name`, `min_width_results_grid_column_field`, `cascade_filter_field`, `cascade_parent_field` FROM `dadabik_forms` WHERE `table_name` = 'categorias' ORDER BY `order_form_field` The DBMS server said: SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'label_grid_field' in 'field list' If this error persists when you open a page, try to logout and login again (this removes a possibly wrong search filter).

This is the screen showing the version BEFORE I try to upgrade:

Your current DaDaBIK version You are using DaDaBIK version 11.3-Elba enterprise, installed on 20/01/2022 (installation code: 16736604290a81d173), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.7-Elba released on 18/08/2022 You are not running the last release of DaDaBIK, the release you are running might have bugs and security holes, see the official change log for further information. You can upgrade DaDaBIK here. In case you want to upgrade to a more powerful edition (from Pro to Enterprise/Platinum, from Enteprise to Platinum) please contact us. System info PHP Version: 7.4.32 mysql version: 5.7.23-23 Web server: Apache Client: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.134 Safari/537.36 Edg/103.0.1264.71

This is the screen showing the upgrade was made with success:

Upgrade Step 4/4: Files copy, Database update I am unzipping the file upgrades_634ea32969e03/dadabik_11.7-Elba_enterprise.zip ...Done! I am creating a backup of your config.php file as include/config_bkp_20221018.php ...Done! I am copying files from upgrades_634ea32969e03/dadabik_11.7-Elba_enterprise/program_files to the root folder ... Done! I am copying the documentation file from upgrades_634ea32969e03/dadabik_11.7-Elba_enterprise/program_files to the ./docs_dadabik_11.7-Elba_enterprise folder ... Done! I am deleting the temporary upgrades folder ... Done! I am deleting old, unnecessary files ... Done! I am updating your dadabik_ tables ... Done! I am registering your upgrade ... Done! In your docs_dadabik_11.7-Elba_enterprise folder, you can find some important documents such as the documentation, the change log, the license and the FAQs. As a security measure, you should now delete the files up.php and up2.php and (if they exist) the files upgrade.php, upgrade2.php, install.php, install2.php, since they could be used by malicious users. It's also a good security practice to change the parameter $dadabik_session_name in config_custom.php (and in the Wordpress DaDaBIK Wrapper if you use it) using a name you haven't used in the past; this will make invalid all the current sessions: those sessions might in fact have potentially dangerous content (think about a security fix) or content not compatible with the new version. Starting from V. 11.4, The $ldap_host parameter expects a full URI like "dap://ldap.yourdomain.net" (instead of ldap.yourdomain.net). Starting from V 11.4, for LDAP users and if $ldap_copy_users_data is set to 1, DaDaBIK does not copy anymore the LDAP passwords in the users table. If you use or have used LDAP authentication in this DaDaBIK application, You should DELETE (setting them as empty string) the old passwords you might have in your dadabik_users table for the users having authentication_type_user = 'ldap'. Starting from V 11.4, users coming from LDAP auhtentication are automatically confirmed. If you use or have used LDAP authentication in this DaDaBIK application, you should confirm in your dadabik_users table all the existing users having authentication_type_user = 'ldap', by setting confirmed_timestamp_user to 1666098687 Starting from V 11.6, all Chart labels are displayed using en-us number formatting (see changelog for further details). Starting from V 11.6, if $grant_permissions_after_table_installation is set to 1 or 2, permissions are granted not only after a table installation but also after having added a field (from the data page or by synching). DaDaBIK has been correctly upgraded. After having completed all the activities listed above you can start using it. You might need to clean the cache of your browser to correctly load the latest versions of some files (e.g. CSS files and pictures).

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Celson,
could you please try to install 11.3 again using the backup and check

- if your 11.3 has the field label_grid_field in dadabik_forms (it should but apparently it hadn't)
- the content of the dadabik_installation_tab (only the column dadabik_version and other_info)

Thanks

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, label_grid_field is not there, which is strange because V 11.3 has it already,
I still don't see dadabik_installation_tab though (check my previous post).

Best,

Sorry, Eugenio, for the delay in answer it!
I don´t know how to show the complete content of field "other_infos_installation"
Also, the field url_installation contains an old URL of the application. I already changed it to another URL!

1.png2.png3.png

eugenio

Administrator
Staff member
I need to see the whole content of other_infos_installation, if you are using phpmyadmin there is an icon on the top of the table that allows you to see the entire content.

I just found it! Thank you!
I am available for an online meeting so you can see behind the screens if you want.

Captura de tela_20221028_090700.png

Last edited: