Search results

1. J

Search entire database

Thanks Is there any chance you could respond to this query as well as I would like to know how to address this. https://dadabik.com/forum/index.php?threads/general-query-on-displaying-results.24396/
  2. J

Search entire database

Hi Is it possible to set a page up in Dadabik that enables you to search your entire database or search fields from more than one table? Thanks ou are using DaDaBIK version 11.6-Elba pro, installed on 07-05-2022 (installation code: 178066228c557cae36), the latest version of DaDaBIK is 11.7-Elba...
  3. J

General query on displaying results

Hi I have a technologies table (PRIMARYKEY, TECHID, TECHNAME, PROJECT_MANAGER, DATE_CREATED etc..) I have an activities table (PRIMARYKEY, TECHNOLFK, PROJECT_MANAGER, DATE_CREATED, SUBJECT etc..) A project manager will record activities against a technology they are working on. The activities...
  4. J

Strange error after moving from MAMP to WAMP

Hi For my first version (on the laptop) countries was not installed or enabled but I could still use the table to generate a drop down list. $form_config_security_check was set to 0 Thanks
  5. J

It looks like setting $form_config_security_check =1 and installing and enabling all tables that I want to use for drop-down lists has fixed this. When I did my original development on my laptop (using MAMP) I must have set $form_config_security_check =0. Is this possible - if I have...
  6. J

Could it be something to do with this? https://dadabik.com/forum/index.php?threads/orphaned-primary_key_table_fields-causing-errors-after-upgrade-from-9-21-to-9-22.21569/#post-21720 I currently have $form_config_security_check =0
  7. J

I seem to have fixed the problem by installing but not enabling the Country table in the pages section I am very confused, as I don't think I had the Country table installed in the previous MAMP version I am having identical issues with other drop down lists - eg Project Managers that selects...
  8. J

Hi I am developing a system to track innovation projects in our hospital. I originally developed the system on my laptop using MAMP. I then transferred the system to a Trust server running WAMP. Since moving to the server I have got an error which suggests DADABIK can't find some of the tables...
  9. J

Updating existing data

As below
  10. J

Updating existing data

I have done the above and changed the permissions so I can now edit the information in the main Agreements page :) However the system is no longer presenting data how I would like it to. In the main results page, I only want to display the Agreement ID and the Agreement Name and for these fields...
  11. J

Updating existing data

Yes - that is how I am doing it on the Add Contracts page - when adding a new contract. Let me change the View Contracts page so it is based on the contracts table rather then the view and see if I can get it to work this way. Thanks
  12. J

Updating existing data

Ah - ok, I hadn't realised that, thanks In that case I seem to be back to square 1 - how do I update existing data? As a simpler explanation, I have a contracts table which has columns such as contract_ID, contract_type, party1, party2, status_fk etc. status_fk is a foreign key that links to a...
  13. J

Updating existing data

None of the views I have created are updateable even though I think they all meet the rules for updateability. I am trying to solve this issue first for my simplest view which joins information from a company table with information from a country table - see script below used to create the...
  14. J

Updating existing data

Just tried updating the view using phpmyadmin and its not letting me update the view even though the IS_UPDATEABLE flag is set to Yes. I am getting the following error. #1288 - The target table view_technol of the UPDATE is not updatable I assume I need to get to the stage where I can update...
  15. J

Updating existing data

I've just checked and the IS_UPDATEABLE flag is set to Yes for the view in question in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.VIEWS table so it looks like the view is updateable. I assume I just need to change the Edit permission from no to yes to enable me to update the view. I'll do some experimenting. Thanks
  16. J

Updating existing data

Hi I have posted this issue at the end of a previous thread but not got a response yet so starting a new thread. I really need to resolve this to continue with my application. I have a "View Projects" menu option that links to a page that is generated from a view in mysql. This view joins...
  17. J

Windows IIS

Hi I am about to transfer my application from my laptop (which was running MAMP) to a server provided by my organisation. Their preference is to run Windows IIS as the web server rather than Apache. Is this likely to cause any issues? Thanks
  18. J

Transferring application from local host to server

Hi I have been developing a system on my laptop using MAMP as a server and all files stored locally. I now wish to transfer the system to a remote server so colleagues can test it before going live. What is the easiest way of doing this? Can I just copy the existing database and everything in my...
  19. J

Simplifying page layout

Hi Eugenio Based on the above, please can you advise how I can edit existing entries in my technology table. The "View Projects" menu option links to a page that is generated from a view in mysql. This view joins information from various tables such as the technology table (techid, techname...
  20. J

Simplifying page layout

That appears to have fixed it - thanks. But now I've realised I can't edit existing entries in the technol table?