Search results

1. wallaby9

Date format strings in Results list

Having checked, there were two functions I've been playing with: function dadabik_iso_date_format($the_date) { return date_format(date_create($the_date), DATE_ISO8601); } function dadabik_lpad_4($in) { return str_pad($in, 4, "0", STR_PAD_LEFT); } To display 413 records as a Results list...
  2. wallaby9

In case anyone else is wanting to change the format in which dadabik displays dates, to the only date format that make any sense to me, the changes I made which appear to work are these. In dadabik/include/general_functions.php, find these lines (in my file they are lines 299 and 300)...
  3. wallaby9

I take that back if that's not the case! Apologies. I may be thinking of calculated fields? Certainly one of the options you can take to modify the display of a field in the results list causes it to take several times as long as it normally takes to load the list.. let me think. Thanks, I will...
  4. wallaby9

'Full screen' mode: hide header and side menu

I would like to see a kind of 'Full-Screen' feature which hides the side menu and the top header bar, and expands everything else. It could remember its state, or appear in the same default state every time a page loads. The real-estate lost to these two areas by my calculation (on this screen...
  5. wallaby9

I know this has been raised and answered before (https://dadabik.com/forum/index.php?threads/date-format-in-list.23268/) but this didn't provide a solution for me. I have RTFM, in the form of config.php and google searches. The three available date formats for the Results list appear to be...
  6. wallaby9

[Solved] Results list cells wrapping text too early

I swear I searched config.php for "wrap"! Obviously not very well! Apologies.
  7. wallaby9

[Solved] Results list cells wrapping text too early

Hi. This is another display/formatting issue, again not urgent but any idea why is it happening? I have set these parameters for the Name and Description columns (screenshot below): Width (chars): 56 Maxlength: 255 Min width (in px) of the results grid column: 400 As you can see from the...
  8. wallaby9

Simplifying page layout

fwiw I would also like to be able to do this, or similar.
  9. wallaby9

Unpredictable positioning of "+" button

I appreciate it doesn't affect functionality but it's very annoying! Thank you.
  10. wallaby9

@eugenio is there any chance of this being investigated? I realise it may not be seen as important, because it doesn't affect the data, but it is not an insignificant problem. It looks very unprofessional. Does anyone else get this, ever? I'll post a video, if I can work out how. It literally...
  11. wallaby9

Date/Time custom format function not working

That was the gentlest 'RTFM' I've ever been on the receiving end of :)
  12. wallaby9

Thanks again. That's an odd decision, that they would choose not to implement that in flatpickr, it seems a pretty standard wish.
  13. wallaby9

This is actually driving me slightly bonkers. It's fine now in dev but I can't give an app to customers like this until I can fix it. I tried changing the position of the Category and Box fields, and it's made no difference, other than the Box field is also doing it seemingly randomly now:
  14. wallaby9

FYI whatever function is using these strings in Dadabik, doesn't seem to respect the "e" parameter for the timezone. This returns a correct datetime string: $date_time_format_edit = 'Y-m-d H:i:s'; 2022-06-01 14:54:10 whereas if I add the "e" to include the timezone like this...
  15. wallaby9

Genius, thank you for those, there is a world of hidden config options.
  16. wallaby9

I absolutely was, of course, and the reason was that I didn't convert the input string into a date_time object: function dadabik_bdge_date_format($the_date) { // FAILS (silently) because $the_date is a string, not a date object return date_format($the_date, DATE_ISO8601); } So I guess...
  17. wallaby9

More info: In the Details view, the Created field data is absent completely: Whilst in the Edit screen, it is present but still displayed in the default format: Clearly the function is failing and the failure is having a different effect for each instance, but how to fix it?
  18. wallaby9

Hi again (sorry!) I've created a custom function in custom_functions.php as follows: function dadabik_bdge_date_format($the_date) { return date_format($the_date, DATE_ISO8601); } It appears in the drop-down list of custom functions for the field definition, specifically the "Custom...
  19. wallaby9

More information: If I display the Edit form for the Bags page, and then go through the records with the ">>" and "<<" buttons, the "+" button for Category jumps seemingly randomly from one side to the other. It is inconsistent per record, in the sense that every time I return to a given...
  20. wallaby9

Hello again. I think this may be a bug. When I display the "Insert" form for my "Bags" table, for the first time, it shows the "+" button on the left of the Category field's text box. The second and subsequent times, it displays to the right where I believe it belongs. Screenshots below...