Search results

1. J

Updating existing data

As below
  2. J

Updating existing data

I have done the above and changed the permissions so I can now edit the information in the main Agreements page :) However the system is no longer presenting data how I would like it to. In the main results page, I only want to display the Agreement ID and the Agreement Name and for these fields...
  3. J

Updating existing data

Yes - that is how I am doing it on the Add Contracts page - when adding a new contract. Let me change the View Contracts page so it is based on the contracts table rather then the view and see if I can get it to work this way. Thanks
  4. J

Updating existing data

Ah - ok, I hadn't realised that, thanks In that case I seem to be back to square 1 - how do I update existing data? As a simpler explanation, I have a contracts table which has columns such as contract_ID, contract_type, party1, party2, status_fk etc. status_fk is a foreign key that links to a...
  5. J

Updating existing data

None of the views I have created are updateable even though I think they all meet the rules for updateability. I am trying to solve this issue first for my simplest view which joins information from a company table with information from a country table - see script below used to create the...
  6. J

Updating existing data

Just tried updating the view using phpmyadmin and its not letting me update the view even though the IS_UPDATEABLE flag is set to Yes. I am getting the following error. #1288 - The target table view_technol of the UPDATE is not updatable I assume I need to get to the stage where I can update...
  7. J

Updating existing data

I've just checked and the IS_UPDATEABLE flag is set to Yes for the view in question in the INFORMATION_SCHEMA.VIEWS table so it looks like the view is updateable. I assume I just need to change the Edit permission from no to yes to enable me to update the view. I'll do some experimenting. Thanks
  8. J

Updating existing data

Hi I have posted this issue at the end of a previous thread but not got a response yet so starting a new thread. I really need to resolve this to continue with my application. I have a "View Projects" menu option that links to a page that is generated from a view in mysql. This view joins...
  9. J

Windows IIS

Hi I am about to transfer my application from my laptop (which was running MAMP) to a server provided by my organisation. Their preference is to run Windows IIS as the web server rather than Apache. Is this likely to cause any issues? Thanks
  10. J

Transferring application from local host to server

Hi I have been developing a system on my laptop using MAMP as a server and all files stored locally. I now wish to transfer the system to a remote server so colleagues can test it before going live. What is the easiest way of doing this? Can I just copy the existing database and everything in my...
  11. J

Simplifying page layout

Hi Eugenio Based on the above, please can you advise how I can edit existing entries in my technology table. The "View Projects" menu option links to a page that is generated from a view in mysql. This view joins information from various tables such as the technology table (techid, techname...
  12. J

Simplifying page layout

That appears to have fixed it - thanks. But now I've realised I can't edit existing entries in the technol table?
  13. J

Simplifying page layout

Hi Eugenio, thanks for your reply. I have upgraded to Dadabik 11.6. This resulted in the Advanced Search button not appearing. But a blank results grid, number of pages, page scroll buttons still appear. I don't want these to show. See second screenshot below. I have managed to get the custom...
  14. J

Simplifying page layout

I was wondering if I could do it with a Custom Page. This is the url that appears when I press "Create New" http://localhost:81/Dadabik/index.php?function=show_insert_form&tablename=technol I thought I could set up a custom page with this url and have a link to this in the home menu thus...
  15. J

Simplifying page layout

I would like to simplify the layout of a page. I have a View Project page. This takes all its info from a mysql view. It lists all projects and you can search for different projects. If you click on the details icon it opens a new page where you can view the details of that project. The...
  16. J

Changing width of main menu

Thanks for the reply - I shall try this. There are some other changes I wish to make to the layout of my application. For example I wish to make all the text slightly smaller on a result page and reduce the space (padding?) between lines. Do you know if there is a diagram / manual for the style...
  17. J

Changing width of main menu

How do I change the width of the main menu - some of my menu options are wrapping and I would prefer it if they were all on one line. I've had a quick look at the CSS files but it looks like there is lots of potential for messing stuff up if you don't know exactly what to change. See image...
  18. J

SOLVED - Creating a Master/Details view on a View?

To anyone else with this problem. The answer is yes - but you need to create a unique field in your view. I know that views don't have primary keys but I incorporated the primary key from the main table that the view was based on as a pseudo-primary key in my view. When you import the view into...
  19. J

SOLVED - Creating a Master/Details view on a View?

In brief - In the form configurator, can I set up a Master/Details view on a page that is initially based on a view? This is an evolution of this issue. https://dadabik.com/forum/index.php?threads/insert-into-new-table-using-select_single-lookup-from-other-table-basic-error.24293/#post-24509...
  20. J

Insert into new table using select_single lookup from other table - basic error

Thanks - I can definitely set PROJECT_MANAGER to be unique (there are only about 7 project managers). This could be trickier for one of my other look up tables (which has 2000+ entries) but I'll have a think about how to address this now I know that the field must be unique.