Search results

1. O

Login screen may not work with IOS devices if using a Windows-based server

Yes, I have tried a number of "local" computers (with the correct port forwards setup) as well as on VULTR hosting and CONTABO hosting. The problem remains the same as long as the host is a Windows machine.
  2. O

I am still experiencing this issue if I host a DaDaBIK app on a Windows-based computer. I have setup EXACTLY the same system on an Ubuntu machine and a Windows-based machine, and the Ubuntu hosted app works perfectly and the Windows hosted app doesn't. The issue is the login screen of the app...
  3. O

I would be very interested to see if anyone is able to login on an IOS device if they are using DaDaBIK (Version 12.1) with a Windows machine? If so, would you please let me know what program you are using on your Windows machine for SQL/PHP/Appache.
  4. O

I have setup a "blank" system (i.e. one containing JUST the DaDaBIK program and an empty database) and have used the simplest of config files (see screenshot). The problem when using IOS devices persists regardless of the device used.
  5. O

I tried again and setup another Windows "server" using MAMP Pro (PHP8.1; Appache; MySQL) and transferred EVERYTHING from my test app directly over from the Ubuntu Server (where the login process works perfectly on IOS devices) to the Windows machine (where, once again, the login process fails on...
  6. O

UPDATE - This issue seems to be related to the fact that I was running a Windows-based server. I have changed to an Ubuntu Server and everything works as it should.
  7. O

I have built an app recently using DaDaBIK and it works perfectly on all Windows devices. However, whenever I try to login to my app on an IOS device (either an iPhone or iPad) the login screen "won't go away" (i.e. I input my Username and Password and then it just keeps redisplaying that login...
  8. O

Ability to sort on more than one column

A nice feature would be to be able to sort on multiple columns in the grid results display (e.g. click on the first column to sort first on that column; then click on another column to sort on that column "within the first column" etc ... a cascading type of sort.
  9. O

Ability to easily specify the width of each column displayed on a Details page

A very useful feature (in my opinion) would be the ability to easily specify (e.g. in Form Configurator) the width of each field on a Details page.
  10. O

Results grid, show preview for large body of text

This would also be a great feature for my use cases (blogs etc)
  11. O

Implemented Application Export / Backup

It would also be useful if this functionality was available to users on a Windows platform.
  12. O

DadaBIK (V12.0) Ignores the "Default sort by/type" in Pages Menu

@eugenio @deep64blue I still think that this is a BUG. My reasoning is as follows: say that the `author` table contains a field called `author_name` and that the `books` table contains a field `author_name` which does a lookup to the `author` table. If one sets the default sort for the...
  13. O

DadaBIK (V12.0) Doesn't Allow Table Names to Begin With a Capital Letter (Bug?)

I am running on a Windows system. Even outside of daDaBIK, it now appears that I CANNOT create a table (or database) with a name that has its first letter capitalized. Using (say) PHPMyAdmin, EVERYTHING that I create is "converted" to lowercase. I have even just installed a fresh version of...
  14. O

Very strange. I have attached screenshots of my table name specification (Step 1) and the result (Step 2) ... and it definitely causes errors for me. As can also be seen from my Database Listing screenshot, the table IS actually created (despite the error message), but it is created WITHOUT...
  15. O

Please Help - Calculated Field Question (involving two tables)

@deep64blue When I tried your test site, it all worked like a charm (as mentioned earlier). However, when I try it on my site, it fails; even though I have used a direct "cut and paste" to avoid any transcription errors. I am curious as to whether you @deep64blue are using V12.0. If not, the...
  16. O

DadaBIK (V12.0) Ignores the "Default sort by/type" in Pages Menu

Regardless of which default sort field (or type) is configured with Pages, DaDaBIK (V12.0) seems to ignore those options. This appears to be a BUG.
  17. O

DadaBIK (V12.0) seems to NOT allow a table name to commence with a capital letter. Therefore, a table named test is allowed; but Test isn't. If one attempts to create a table within DaDaBIK that commences with a capital letter, an error message of "Unexpected table name: Test" appears; BUT the...
  18. O

Please Help - Calculated Field Question (involving two tables)

User error on my part. Everything works great! Thanks again @deep64blue for your generous and expert assistance.
  19. O

Images Not Showing After Initial App Creation

Yes, it all works now. MANY thanks for sorting this out for me :)