Recent content by dh

1. D

FIXED select_multiple search operators, wrong documented behaviour

Yes, I agree. That may be exactly the reason it can't be done in the specific construct used by DaDaBIK. Yes, this might be closer. Exactly. Thank you for this dialogue!
  2. D

Thanks -- I think your new language is accurate. I realize I could use a Boolean search on a varchar field like desc_product in the ERP demo, but that's not the situation for me. The field I'm interested in is just a char(2) that's also the primary key of a lookup table that gives me the...
  3. D

Thanks for the guidance on varchar... that makes sense. The problem with the "contains" language is I think it could still suggest a Boolean OR (which is actually what I was trying to achieve). I'm not familiar with the ERP demo, but here's my situation, which may be different from that demo...
  4. D

I am finding this tooltip guidance a little ambiguous: Does this mean Boolean AND -- that is, the search returns records having *all* the values selected or checked in the select_multiple? I think so, but need to verify. And if that's correct, is there any way to get Boolean OR instead? That...
  5. D

ioncube for php 8.2?

cpanel EasyApache has started warning about php 8.1 reaching end of life (of course it's still in the period of security support) so we're back where we were last year with our friends at ioncube -- apparently they have not released a version of the loader for 8.2 or at least it's not yet...
  6. D

ran into trouble upgrading from 11.2 to 11.7

Thanks for the upgrade code. One more question. Is there any reason to apply the patched version to two instances I already did a fresh re-install on? These instances seem to be working fine and I'd be inclined to leave well enough alone, assuming that the next dot release will upgrade properly...
  7. D

Thanks! I have sent the request via the site form.
  8. D

OK, I tried "new" upgrade method on the next instance I need to update, and again up2.php hung, and I got the javascript error box again. This time I was alert to the console, and here is the error: Eugenio, does this help diagnose? up2.php is definitely in the directory, with permissions 644.
  9. D

Successful clean install with 11.7 on the first instance. FWIW, the installer complained about tables in my database with non-allowable characters in field names and a couple with missing primary keys and declined to install those tables. I was able to fix all this and install the tables I...
  10. D

Actually, no need to reply. I've convinced myself that I must do a clean install of this instance. There must be something badly corrupted in my DaDaBIK tables, and it must have been that way before I began the upgrades. After I get back in business with this instance, then I have four more...
  11. D

Well, after a complete database restore, I have tried again. This time, no error box. However, still getting the same [08] error message as originally reported above. The browser console is completely uninformative. When I check the table referenced in the error message, it is *not* correct...
  12. D

No, not yet. Despite Eugenio's statement, I did not need to restore the database to have functionality. Just restoring the folder containing the DaDaBIK instance gave me a working interface. However, trying to reproduce the error gave me literally nothing on the browser console -- just the error...
  13. D

OK, tried again on another instance and had the same problem: (1) First time running up.php I got a javascript "error" box with no detail. After clicking it, I'm taken to up2.php. But (after checking consent boxes) this second script just hangs. (2) I then refreshed the page and took the...
  14. D

Not asking for support, but just reporting a potential problem. If I'm correct, documentation should be adjusted to reflect a warning. I ran into a [08] MySQL error on doing the up.php method trying to take 11.2 to 11.7. I didn't retain the specific error messages involved, but I know that I...
  15. D

php 8 / ioncube loader

So now I have a question about order of operations. Is this the correct order? (1) install on the server the new ioncube loader (2) set the server's php version to 8.1 (upgrading from 7.4) in cpanel (3) go through the DaDaBIK 11.7 upgrade process? It seems like any other order would result in at...