Recent content by DebbieS

1. D

Resize of graphics

... and a large graphic that is just sized down will still load the full size graphic file with the page - pages could get very heavy if many large graphics are displayed. Creating a thumbnail OR using a static link with a graphic symbol linking to the full size image is a better way to go.
  2. D

Limit the number of records in CSV output file

I know this is an old post, but I did figure out a way to allow the user to export all the results in a large database in "blocks" using LIMIT - may or may not apply to MySQL only - I only work with MySQL and Oracle. On our server, the number of records that I've capped my block at is 4000 - if...
  3. D

Resize of graphics

Have a look at this post: http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?1,15411,15411#msg-15411
  4. D

select single with a condition

Eugenio is correct, this is not something native within the program. There is a hack from a while ago that you might want to look into: http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?1,5492,5492#msg-5492 Line numbers, etc., will need to be ignored as this is for an earlier version of the program...
  5. D

Primary key table and field question

Put the name of the field you want displayed in the option list in the "Linked Fields" box. For your example: Primary key table ... author_tab Primary key field ... author_id Linked fields ... author_name~author_lastname
  6. D

Users management

Adding additional fields into the users_tab table is not a problem - same as adding fields to other tables. Have a look through this post (bypassing admin restrictions) for a lot of good code samples for manipulating the user table. I've added a few fields in the users_tab table, however, the...
  7. D

Adding thumbnails to images? and "linked tables"

Image thumbnails ... found this forum entry you might find interesting ... http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?1,13609,13609. Linking tables (select single) ... have a look at the following posts: http://www.dadabik.org/forum/read.php?1,8069,8069#msg-8069...
  8. D

Is locking records possible?

Your cron job can simply call a php file located on the server where the SQL statements are stored and executed. Fairly simple really.
  9. D

If your cron is truncating the table every night, you could just have the cron copy the records from the table and paste (insert) them into another table before truncating. Then you could install this table in DaDaBIK as read only (by not allowing edit, delete). Then you would still have all...
  10. D

08] Error: during query execution during installation

Are you running a completely un-modified version of the program? Please specify as much details as you can: DaDaBIK version, browser, operating system, DBMS (e.g. Mysql 5.1.47), Web server (e.g. Apache 2.2.16) -- per the main page of the support forum.
  11. D

Dadabik on xampp

What is on the lines in the noted files of your installation? Once you know what is on those lines, you know where to start checking.
  12. D

It could work by adding another field to the database which would act as an additional switch indicating if the record can be edited or not (eg: 0 = edit, 1 = no edit ... or whatever you want). Then write an sql function to update all records in the database to make that field 1 in every record...
  13. D

Email record

Just curious if you got all of this working.
  14. D

Email record

A popup confirmation box is client-side and needs to be javascript. Have a look at this tutorial on the Javascript Confirm Box. To implement, I'd put the JS Function in the head (header.php) and then reference it via URL using the existing links you already have in your code (for the OK/Yes...
  15. D

Email record

Figured it out ... should have used a while instead of a foreach ... $artist_email = execute_db($artsql, $conn); while ($artemail = fetch_row_db($artist_email)){ $to_artists .= $artemail['Act_Email'].', '; } // end while $to_artists = substr($to_artists, 0, -2)...